The more I stay at home, the more I discover many things which mothers usually do for their children. One example is preparing meals for your children. I am telling you, this is even more challenging than winning a new client for a business!
At first, it is a little easy because possibly your wife (or your mother-in-law) has given you pre-planned menus for the week. However, after a week, my kids are asking for different meals. I could not just fry all the time for them. I could not just cook eggs, hotdogs and tocino for them all the time. I have to take the challenge and be very creative.
Here is the good news. I have discovered a very quick no-cook meal and yet considerably healthy for our children. Let me remind you that I am not a chef or anything like that. I just feel the need to share this very simple trick other fathers at home out there should know. (I hope so.)
You will need the following:
1. Century Tuna Flakes in Oil 155 grams
You may want to choose Flakes in Oil to avoid awful mixing of different flavors. They have now an easy-open can available in the market. From a Sari-Sari store, you can buy it for only Php 31.00.
2. Del Monte Tidbits Pineapple Budget Pack
From a Sari-Sari store, you can buy it for only Php 16.00.
3. Four cups of rice
1. Drain the pineapple juice. You may want to put it in a cup and store it in the fridge. Or you may want to drink it.
2. Mix the pineapple tidbits and the tuna flakes and its oil. Less than a minute of mixing will do.
3. Then serve with not-so-hot rice for your children.
Amazing facts about this meal:
1. Very easy to prepare. You can do it in less than five minutes.
2. Very affordable. It is only a total of Php 47.00
3. Good for two toddlers and a father.
4. Considerably healthy.
5. Kids love it. And I love it, too.
Do you have easy to prepare meals you want to share? Please put it in the comment box below. Thanks!